Senior Studio II - Post #07
Since my last post I continued looking for assets while focusing on UVs and making sure the geometry would work. I found 4 models for different species of trees based on the research I did for the region, and began bringing them into the scene. Unfortunately, the first free model and a few set dressing assets I had previously been using weren't going to work due to some UV and geometry issues so I had to remove them. The new assets are from CGTrader.
So far I have 2 of the 4 trees with the geometry separated, the UVs checked and layouts adjusted as needed, and the geometry checked for issues. I am also paying attention to the amount of leaves and deleting some where needed to save on poly counts and stay with the late autumn timeframe. Due to the heavy geometry, I placed each of these two trees in its own Maya file and referenced them in to place them so that I can work quicker and more efficiently.
The one tree looks to have a UV set issue which I will need to go back and fix.
Red Maple (Image from https://shop.arborday.org/red-maple)
White Oak (Image from https://mortonarb.org/plant-and-protect/trees-and-plants/white-oak/)
Tulip Tree (Image from https://itrees.com/tulip-tree.html)
Black Gum (Image from https://www.tytyga.com/Black-Gum-p/shac-blk-gum.htm)