Visit Savannah Project - Post #08
Since my last update I have continued working on the model of the frame of the rose window. I began welding pieces together where needed and extruding to match the reference, as well as working to even out some areas. In order to save time in production, over the last few days I have really shifted my focus to modeling to the camera, as this is the only shot we see of the rose window.
I also did a rough proof of concept test using one of the reference images I took as a texture. The reference has some perspective in it and the UVs are not perfect so there is some distortion, however it worked well overall! Depending on the production timeline, I may bring the camera slightly closer in so that I can focus on the more geometric patterns of the stained glass rather than including as much of the faces of the figures.